Friday, May 8, 2009

Stencils with Adirondack Color Wash Sprays

This week, I assembled a new sketchbook using decorative paste paper that I'd made last year with stamps and texture tools. The paper needed some pizazz- stencils to the rescue. I sprayed the stencils with Adirondack Color Wash. It's an acid free, non-toxic, water-based dye that comes in a variety of colors. I like to use it because it's indoor safe. The green gold acrylic was stippled through a stencil and the reverse side printed.I treated the back cover with a different stencil and "raisin" Color Wash spray.
I drew these little clay animals this week for our Tuesday sketch date.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Paula,
I like the direction your work is moving in. You do so many different things, I am impressed!
I read your blog about attending a workshop at La Cascade and was happy you had a great experience there. I scheduled a last minute workshop there in Sept.2-9, 09 and wanted to tell you about it and ask you to pass on the info to anyone you could. Can you contact me? thanks so much, Barbara Roth rabjsl@pacbell.net

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Thanks, Barbara, for reading my blog. You'll really enjoy La Cascade, Durfort and this part of France. I highly recommend the area for art inspiration.