Monday, October 1, 2018

Italian Adventure with Amity and Brody at La Romita- my travel journal

In September, I traveled to Italy for a workshop with Amity Parks and Brody Neuenschwander at La Romita in Umbria on a hilltop above the city of Terni. I want to share my travel journal with you.


I love this file folder book structure.

We stayed in one place and took day trips to several Umbrian hilltop towns.

Each day offered new experiences in the studio along with the day trips.

La Romita School of Art provided a wonderful place to stay- loved the staff, accommodations, food and studio.

Our wonderful group of artists inspired one another and made the whole workshop fabulous.

We visited San Gemini, a hilltop town close by-


Amity shared her use of Bister powders to make ink for lettering and dye for papers.

Brody cut us each a quill which I really enjoyed using as seen in my lettering on the left- love the spatters


One feature of this journal that I like is the pockets to keep postcards and other ephemera-





This trip ranks high on my list of favorites. I see another European adventure in the future.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Your journal looks fabulous, and I am so glad that you had a really good trip! I look forward to hearing more about it!

Unknown said...

That was a nice trip for you. How fun. I fope we can get together sometime to see your beautiful books. Angela