Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Visit to Jumencourt

I took the train from Gare du Nord to Anizy-Pinon to visit Pascale, a fellow artist in our PhotoArtJournal group. It turned out to be a highlight of my trip. We drove to her home in the village of Jumencourt. She prepared lunch for her mother and I, gave me a tour of her studio, shared her art projects and took me to see the medieval castle- Coucy-le-Château. We spent a wonderful day together. Merci Pascale!
The gargoyles and ancient patterns on the castle walls offer inspiration for future art projects.


The castle garden reflects how it looked in the 13th Century.

2 comments:

Judy Wise said...

What a delicious thing to do; art on the road and meeting online friends. Your trip is making me dream of France. xo

Gwen said...

What a great idea that you went to meet Pascale!! I will look forward to hearing more about that, I love medieval castles, the design on the wall would make a great carved stamp...