Monday, May 18, 2015

Fun Interactive Book Box Structure

For a couple years, I've wanted to make a book/box structure similar to Randi Parkhurst's Patience.
Lorraine  Jones offered her guidance to start this project. The first structure measures 3.5 x 2 inches. The whole experience of pulling the books out of their cubbyholes reminds me of the Asian boxes that fascinated me as a child.
Removing the first book

Removing the main book/box structure
Opening the box lid to see a medium sized book and pulling out the little book on the right


The back
Two small accordion books from front of box

Another photo of the smallest book and its cubbyhole
I plan to keep building up and adding to this to make a larger book/box.

3 comments:

Createology said...

This is fantastic. I love anything that has compartments and holds something. Your artistic creation of a book box is Creative Bliss...

Luanne Ripley Kreutzer said...

Absolutely stunning, Paula. Done with thoughtful care and craftsmanship. You continue to amaze me with all your talents!

Gwen said...

this is fantastic! Your books are always wonderful, and this is EXTRA wonderful!