Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Word for 2018

My word for 2018 is to simplify all aspects of my life. I'm starting with cleaning out my studio so I can focus on a few projects. I want my supplies close at hand, a utilitarian space. It's become a storage place which doesn't support my creativity. The whole process seems overwhelming but I work at it a little each day and am seeing progress. What I want to keep are tools, paints, inks and paper. I ordered flat files for the papers. What to do with all the books?


That leads to cleaning out bookshelves in other parts of the house. Letting go and concentrating on where my focus will be- calligraphy, painting, book binding, stitching. Hopefully, this will make room for more making and less finding.

1 comment:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I hope your studio clean out/organizing project is going well, Paula. Allways good to have supplies easily accessible. May 2018 be a very creative and productive year!