Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Art Journaling









Art journals challenge me to write and observe what's happening around me. A couple of weeks ago I took Randi's two-day workshop. The first day we took photos and the second day we painted backgrounds using her "inspiration and techniques for art journaling on the edge". Check out her new book "Wide Open".

Attached are three art journal pages that I made. The first is from the photo class. New to digital photography, I love the 2x3 wallet-size photos to use in journaling. Who knew that you can go to store kiosks and have prints made in an hour from your camera disc. Some store even take orders online and you pay when you pick up the prints. Welcome to the 21st Century, Paula.

The second journal page includes a variety of techiniques- stencils, spray paint, fabric, transfers, tape and the mini-photos. Layers intrigue me and add an element of mystery. How did she do that? The thrid page is from LK Ludwig's class at ArtFest 2007 in Port Townsend. We doodled, added torn images, silhouettes, lines and writing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

paula, i just love your pages. when are we going to do some mailart swapping?

nikki

Judy Wise said...

I love these pages too. And added you to my links list.

edina said...

Hi Paula,

Welcome to the world of blogging - your site looks great and I love your new studio!

Edina

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula; Loved seeing the photos of your new studio; what a wonderful place to create! So glad you'll be sharing your art and travels.

Jan Harris Smith said...

Paula, your work is wonderful as always - thanks for adding me as a link - look forward to getting together this summer - have a great time in Japan! Jan

Jo Reimer said...

Good looking workspace, Paula, with everything in place. You'll have such fun with retirement!
I look forward to your reports from Japan.