Thursday, April 26, 2007

Mail Art

Look what came in the mail yesterday from Nikki Blackwood. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Nik! I love receiving mail art and handwritten correspondence from family and friends. With email and cell phones, communication through snail mail is becoming a lost art. When mini-works of art find their way through USPS to my mailbox, I treasure and display them on my desk for inspiration and reminders of friendship. I learned to write letters from my mother. She faithfully wrote weekly letters all the years I lived away from home.

For another take on postcards, check out Frank Warren's books "Post Secret" and "My Secret" where teens, collage students and adults sent him their secrets written, photographed and illustrated on postcards. www.postsecret.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love PostSecret. It's so inspirational to see the postcards which are addressed to everyone who reads them.