Thursday, June 21, 2007

Drawing Practice

I want to improve my drawing skills and came up with this idea during one of my sleepless jet lag nights. I took a magazine photo (bottom center) and used different media to draw the image. The upper left is a pencil drawing, the upper right is the image with gesso and colored pencils, bottom left is arcylics looking at shadows and the bottom right is pen & ink with watercolor in Modigliani-style. Let's hope that you'll see progress as I continue to practice.

2 comments:

Judy Wise said...

Paula, you don't need to practice. (newsflash) Your drawings are well realized and wonderful. My favorite is the Modigliani style. It charms me completely.

MJR said...

I think it's great that you're rediscovering your style! See, I did find your blog! Next year you will be in the LO Art Festival!
MJR