Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Art & Soul 2007

Art & Soul just completed a week of classes and fun at the Embassy Suites near PDX. I enjoyed seeing friends and teachers from all over the U.S. plus take a few workshops. The creativity of this group always amazes and inspires me.


My goal this year is to improve my drawing skills. Barbara Roth taught the class 'U Can Draw'.


For fun Sunday night, I took Barbara Matthiessen's class. We drew blind self-portraits. We laughed at our picasso-esque renderings.


One day, I cashiered in the Art & Soul Store. The afternoon was very quiet so I had time to sketch Lorna's vintage ephemera and other goods.


Yesterday, I took another workshop from Barbara Roth. We drew and painted postcards with watercolor. These will be great momentos to send home from future travel adventures. Life would not be the same without all of my wonderful art friends. Each one gives to me so much. Thank you to all!

No comments: