Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More Dahlias from Luscher Farm

We sketched this morning at Luscher Farm and it felt so good to be outdoors, to enjoy the sunshine and feel autumn in the air.
More dahlias- a favorite fall flower along with nasturtiums. Nasturtiums make me think of my grandfather. When he retired, he ran a small dairy farm in the Willamette Valley near Gervais. Nasturtiums were his favorite flower. Every time I see them in bloom I think of him.
The community garden is one of my favorite sketching sites, one full of nature's bounty.

4 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

just lovely!

lilylovekin said...

Paula, you still have so many beautiful flowers where you live, where is fall?

Liesel Lund said...

Oh I think I can even smell that green fresh flower smell that dahlias have! So lovely!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Hi Paula, your sketch just pops off the screen. So cheerful and bright; I love it.