Saturday, October 10, 2009

Nature Painted with Tracie Lyn & Marilyn Huskamp

My Art & Soul workshop "Nature Painted" with Tracie Lyn Huskamp and Marilyn Huskamp stretched my acrylic painting skills. Both teachers gave us individual attention, demonstrated lots of techniques with different products and created a fun environment to play and paint.

I'm entering this piece in Portland Audubon Society's 2009 Wild Arts Festival. You can pick-up a free 6"x 6"x 1½" canvas at Art Media along with an application form. Entries are due November 7th. Get more information Here. The artwork will be exhibited November 21st and 22nd at the Wild Arts Festival, Montgomery Park.

Tracie is good friends with Marilyn, her mother-in-law. They make a great teaching team. Check out their blogs here and here. I got to know them better through our Nature Gathered challenge this past year.

Tracie just published a book explaining all of her mixed media techniques- collecting botanical and other natural stuff, backgrounds and painting nature themes. I highly recommend it for lots of nature inspiration. You can find her book here.

1 comment:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

So glad I got to see your painting this week; it's wonderful! I've had the good fortune of taking a class from Tracie and Marilyn, too.