Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Art & Soul Wing Keeper Necklace Workshop

The past week, I saw many friends and took some workshops at Art & Soul in Portland. Deryn Mentock's "Wing Keeper Necklace" class really got my creative juices flowing. Check out her blog Here for more examples of her work and her teaching schedule. I wanted to learn how she makes her fabric, wire wrapped beads, attachments to ribbons and other cold connections. Her design combinations of wire, chain, beads, antique jewels and fiber make beautiful necklaces and bracelets. Here's my necklace-

the fabric, wire wrapped beads-

the clasp and dream catcher beads-
I'll be adding posts for other workshops I attended during the next week.

8 comments:

Robin Olsen said...

Very fun Paula! I like the bits of bright fabric mixed with the metal.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Lovely wirework, Paula! Your necklace is beautiful. Love the way you combined fibers, beads and wire.

lilylovekin said...

I love your necklace. I love putting fiber and metal together. It compliments each other so well.

Gwen said...

This is an incredibly beautiful necklace!! I like cold joins, but this is really spectacular!

Unknown said...

My sister Lilylovekin had you linked I see why!!!

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Thanks everyone for all of your comments. If you ever get a chance to take a workshop from Deryn Mentock, go for it. She's a wonderful teacher.

Deryn Mentock said...

Your necklace is just lovely, Paula. It was so nice having you in class...thank you!

Dayna Collins said...

Ooooolala! Lovely necklaces.