Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Woodblock Printing with Debby Neely

Sunday, I had a great day in the country learning how to make woodblock prints with Debby Neely, a Local 14 artist. She prints incredible wildlife art with her carved woodblocks.
The country drive, fields, flowers and sun uplifted my spirits
along with spending the day with friends making art
First, we drew our design and traced it onto our wood block
Once transferred, we carved the woodblock
Then printed it-
I have a whole new appreciation for woodblock prints and all of the work that goes into designing, carving and printing them. Check out some other print ideas Here at MoonTea Artwork by Kristen.

8 comments:

Robin Olsen said...

That turned out really nice Paula. I like the big, bold quality of it.

Tory Brokenshire said...

The bold black and white of woodblocks are striking, I love them. Paula your eye for photograph is wonderful beautiful shots.

Herm said...

Great job Paula, love the design, how big is it?

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Hi Herm, The print is 6x8 inches on a 8½x11 inch sheet of paper. I'm hoping to make some color prints with the block I carved. Hope all is well with you.

Gwen said...

I love your woodblock! It has such nice lines and composition. It will look great in color, too, though I love the black and white.

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Gwen, I plan to use this woodblock to experiment with color. I agree that color would add a whole new dimension to the prints.

CarolCot said...

Beautiful work Paula! I can't wait to see it showing up in your art work.

Dayna Collins said...

Ohhhh, what a delicious day of carving with friends in a beautiful setting.