Saturday, November 13, 2010

Keys to Life

This week, I worked on adding embellishments to keys that I flooded with solder and stamped with words and phrases. After taking Stephanie Lee's Homesteader's Metalsmithing online class this summer, I got the idea to use safe deposit keys supplied by DH for pendants. They come in different sizes and shapes. With added soldered wire links, beads and a bit of ribbon, they became great little necklaces. I'll be selling these at our Portland Art Collective Show in December.





4 comments:

celeste said...

love them!! wish I could make it down for the show.

Herm said...

Great looking keys, what do they open?

Robin Olsen said...

These turned out great Paula! I love them all hanging together with all those colors.

Jan Harris Smith said...

These are wonderful, Paula - Can't wait to see them at the show!