Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Taos NM Travel Journal

This month, I traveled to Taos NM for a workshop on "Deepening Your Art Through Daily Practice" with Laurie Doctor. We stayed at the Mabel Dodge Luhan House for a week. What a wonderful experience combining the people, place, landscape, art, spirit, food and history. Here are pages from my travel journal.

I made a file folder journal adding Aches Text Wove paper signatures in the front and back. Before pamphlet stitching the signatures, I covered the binding end with Tyvek. I bound them together to form the book binding and covered them with a strip of fabric.



This is the first page with the left pocket and the signature.



My travel journals include a calendar-

a map-


a spread about Mabel's House-

the solarium where I stayed-


an interest where Native American Pueblo culture meets Western religion-


some of Tony Luhan's wall paintings with thanks to Amy Bogard for the ones in his room-

a spread on our workshop-

Mabel brought many artists to New Mexico including Georgia O'Keeffe-

the food-

the back cover-


4 comments:

Robin Olsen said...

This turned out great Paula, and I'm amazed to see how much you fit in. Good to know that adding the extra pages works so well. I always love the way you do your calendar pages.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow, gorgeous, Paula! Loads of eye candy. Thanks for letting us have a look. Glad you had a wonderful time in Taos.

Ruth said...

What a treasure for a wonderful trip!

Jeanette Davis said...

Your travel journal of the Taos workshop truly does justice to that experience. I love your cover and description of how it came together. See you next year!