Monday, March 10, 2008

Journal Pages

This page explores the reasons that I want to keep a visual journal. The Japanese visuals highlight the journal's use as a meditative practice. One can be in the moment and lose themselves in the process of creating.

The word "zygote" became the writing theme for this page. For the page below, I transfered a childhood photo and used the Soul Collage mantra "I am the one who..." as the writing prompt speaking from an eight year old point of view.

Visual journaling stretches my imagination and writing skills. I admire other journalers like Judy Wise and Donna Bauermiller. Check out Donna's Braille journal article in the Mar/Apr 2008 issue of Somerset Studios. I like Fran Meneley's Oaxaca journals that she posted recently on her blog. Dawn Sokol has Art Journal Fridays- weekly prompts to get the creative juices flowing.

3 comments:

Judy Wise said...

Your journal pages are ravishing. Thanks for the link to Fran Meneley's blog; it's a good one I hadn't found previously. xo

Gwen said...

These pages are terrific, Paula!! They are so lively and colorful, keep it up. I like the 8 year old you, too!

xoxo

Jo Reimer said...

You're doing wonderful work, Paula. I especially like the stone fence you built around the 8-year-old you.
Jo