Monday, March 3, 2008

Sewing & Stitchery Expo Puyallup, WA

I attended the Sewing & Stitchery Expo and learned about a whole new world of fabric, notions, patterns, quilts, sewing machines and embroidery. Susan Gower from Barrington, RI had the Nifty Thrifty Dry Goods booth with embellishment eye-candy in all colors of the rainbow.


Reet's Rags To Stitches from Miranda, CA had great patterns and wonderful items made from hand-dyed felt. I liked the funky dolls.


One of the seminars was on Serendipity Quilts with Marci Baker. She demonstrated how to select contrasting fabrics, fussy cut, stack and wack and make the kaleidoscope quilt blocks. Who knew there would be a whole new vocabulary.

Tammie Bowser showed her photo mosaic quilts that reminded me of Chuck Close paintings. All in all it was two days of fun- meeting women passionate about quilting and sewing, trying out dream sewing and felting machines, getting a full body scan for perfect fitting patterns and discoving new products.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paula, your blog has grown so much! I love it. I wish I had known you went to Sew Expo. I was there too! I bought some of those pretty Kai scissors :p. So many inspiring works. Thank you for bringing me back.