Monday, September 29, 2008

Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival

I made a new class sample little purse for my Art & Soul Retreat workshop this Thursday evening. It's a wet-felted bag with a crocheted flap and kumihimo braid. Saturday, I headed
to the Clackamas County Fairgrounds for one of my favorite local events.
The Flock and Fiber Festival fills all senses from the sheep to wool products to tasty lamb kabobs.
The yummy colors of the wool roving, locks and yarn make great eye-candy and feel heavenly soft.
Here's a close-up of more dyed locks. With free admission, it's one of the best deals around the area with spinning competitions, felting demonstrations and live music.

I'll be at Art & Soul and will post again next week. I look forward to seeing friends from all over the US and creating art.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Your bag is lovely, the fair sounds like a dream, and have fun at Art and Soul!!

Lucky folks who take your workshop!