Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Photo Art Journal Architecture Book

I belong to a wonderful group of artist/photographers who take photographs related to a specific theme and send them to Catherine Anderson. She creates the most amazing books with our photos. We each receive one book with each other's photos in it. The Architecture Book is one of my favorites with photos from all over the world, both ancient and new. Our group is featured in LK Ludwig's new book Collaborative Art Journals & Shared Visions in Mixed Media.
Catherine makes the book covers, assembles the books and mails each of us a copy. The cover photo above and the two photos below are hers.
She took this photo while in South Africa of a traditional Zulu Hut where she spent three nights.

Gwen Delmore took the following photo in San Antonio, TX at the Mission San José y San Miguel.
Here is a photo I took in Oaxaca, Mexico last October and included in the book.
Members write a quotation on the back of the photo. Here are a couple of my favorites-
"Architecture is frozen music." Goethe
"Architecture, of all the arts, is the one which acts the most slowly, but the most surely, on the soul." Ernest Dimnet

7 comments:

Gwen said...

Thanks for including my photo in the post, you wrote very well about our wonderful photo group! I still love that photo of Oaxaca, too!

lilylovekin said...

What a wonderful book. You certainly are in a lot of groups! How do you have time for it all?

Liesel said...

Hi Paula!

Lovely to hear from you! What a great shot of Oaxaca that you took. I'll add that to my places to go list! And the felted bag you made in the last post is absolutely beautiful-you have an amazing eye for color! I hope you are doing really well too!! : )

Jo Reimer said...

I love this book, too, Paula, and feel so lucky to have seen it yesterday. I wish I'd looked closer at the structure of the other one, the accordian fold one. Was that a continuous sheet of paper onto which the photos were glued?
What treasures these are!

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Yes, the books are treasures. The accordian graffiti book pages are attached with two 1 x 1½ inch pieces of white tape on the back side of the photos.

Anonymous said...

Paula: I like the new look of your blog and of course also all the books, I'm glad I saw them in person when we met. I love my felted bag, I'm soooo lucky!!!!!

Hermila

dollproject said...

The Zulu hut is gorgeous. Beautiful photos.