Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Accordion Book Faces

Last weekend, several friends spent a wonderful time journaling on Guemes Island. One of my at goals for 2010 is to improve my skills at drawing and painting faces. Judy Wise encouraged me to make an accordion face book. I collaged, stamped and drew on the background, copied faces on tracing paper to learn proportions and then painted the around the faces.

Painting faces takes lots of practice!

During the year, it will be fun to experiment with different techniques to become more adept at depicting faces.

7 comments:

lilylovekin said...

What a wonderful time to get away with friends. You have so many beautiful places in the Pacific Northwest to go to. Keep up the good work with your faces, it looks like you are off to a fine start.

Herm said...

Fantastic! you did great, I'm proud of you.

Ruth said...

I love this idea, and what you're doing!

cynthia said...

Hi Paula!
Finally got on your blog again and I love your face book. it is an inspiration to me, as always.

Jo Reimer said...

You're so right that it takes a lot of practice to draw or paint a face. I think you did a really good job and a collection of them in an accordian (or any other kind of book) is a grand idea.

Gwen said...

You already know I love this, but it photographed beautifully for your blog post! A very beautiful book!

Dayna Collins said...

Awww, lovely little book with lovely faces. One of these days I will be bold enough to do the same. Very inspiring.