Sunday, March 25, 2012

ArtFest Trade 2012

ArtFest tops my list of art retreats ever since I went to my first one in 2002. Ten years later, this is the last one. Teesha Moore decided to follow a new creative path. Her vision for ArtFest has inspired many artists and their careers. I'm sure she will do well in her new endeavors. She certainly has set me on a creative journey with many friends, art journaling, opportunities to study with many different artists and a vision to live a creative life. I will miss my annual treks to Port Townsend and Fort Worden.
I wasn't going to make trades but bowed to peer pressure and created some bookmarks. The theme this year is 'stacks of stuff'. I drew a stack of flowers painted with watercolors.
Then added a background color and border digitally. Laminated the image to black card stock and tied an organdy ribbon on top. The back has a quote form Henry Ward Beecher- Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.

I am so grateful to be apart of this wonderful art community for so many years. Thank you, Teesha.

No comments: