Monday, September 27, 2010

A Weekend in Port Townsend, Washington

Port Townsend, Washington holds a special place in my heart. I've traveled here to Fort Worden for ArtFest many times. This weekend, I shared this favorite corner of the world with my book group friends to celebrate one member's 60th birthday.

We stayed in Col. P.W. Phisterer's Officer's Row house, built in 1904.

The sky became as important as the landscape with ever changing cloud formations and colors.
a spectacular sunset Friday night.

walks on the beach...


views of Mt Baker in the distance and Whidbey Island...
a little bit of heaven on earth to share with you.

6 comments:

lilylovekin said...

How lucky you where to get to spend time at such a beautiful place. I love Fort Worden and have many special memories from there.

Jo Reimer said...

thanks for another look at Fort Worden. It's truly beautiful there.

Luanne Ripley Kreutzer said...

Such a beautiful place to spend a bookgroup weekend! Thanks for sharing, Paula!

stephanie brockway said...

Wow that sky is so beautiful. looks like a lovely weekend.
Steph

Tory Brokenshire said...

Paula your photography is wonderful and that sky... I can't wait to visit 7E in the spring.

Suzy Harris said...

Also have fond memories and this makes me want to go back.